- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecans
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts and then morsels. Drop by “ice cream scoop-full” onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.