- 3 cups fresh basil (or 2 cups basil and one cup spinach)
- 3-4 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pine nuts, or raw cashews
- 1/2 container silken tofu (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked according to package directions and rinsed with cool water
- 1-2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Additional nuts, to taste
In food processor, chop garlic and nuts until finely minced. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Toss pasta with sauce and tomatoes, and sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Recipe by: Susan Voisin
Substitutions: I used sliced almonds in place of the other nut suggestions, used Parmesan cheese instead of nutritional yeast because I’m not vegan, and skipped out on the tomatoes because the Astronomer does not care for the fruit.