In celebration of all things epicurean, Taste of Beverly Hills will showcase the talents of Los Angeles’ top chefs and restaurateurs. Over 100 local restaurants and California wineries have been selected to participate in this gastronomic blowout. The four–day event will feature six diverse and delicious sessions [See the official schedule for a complete list of participating restaurants]:
- Beverly Hills Celebration (9/2 – 6:30 to 10:00 PM) – Headlined by pop star Natasha Bedingfield, along with CNN Talk Show host Larry King as master of ceremonies. The Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce introduces Mayor Jimmy Delshad to kick off the evening’s festivities. Guests will be provided with unlimited food and drink from renowned Beverly Hills restaurants and chefs. Celebrated chef Wolfgang Puck of Spago Beverly Hills and Cut Beverly Hills will make a special appearance.
- The Art of Mixing (9/3 – 7 to 11 PM) – Featuring the city’s top mixologists and DJs “mixing” their talents.
- Secrets from the Kitchen and Cellar (9/4 – 11 AM to 3 PM) – The day will be filled with session after session from chefs, master sommeliers, and other experts in their fields, showcasing their tricks of the trade of all things food and wine. Additionally, the day will feature LG’s Taste of Something Better cooking competition, hosted by chef Tim Love.
- Date Night (9/4 – 7 to 11 PM) – Enjoy a beautiful evening of food, wine and entertainment with a significant other or friends, while partaking in some of the city’s top restaurants and their signature entrees. Spend one-on-one time with industry experts and delve into a beautiful variety of wines, showcasing vintners top wines, but also pouring some everyday selections.
- The Art of Brunch (9/5 – 10 AM to 3 PM) – No one does brunch like L.A. Avoid the hour-and-a-half waits and come partake in an unparalleled brunch experience. LA’s finest brunch hot spots will be serving up each of their signature dishes along side free-flowing Bloody Marys, Bellinis and Mimosas.
- BBQ in the Hills (9/5 – 7 to 11 PM) – Expect the unexpected as local top chefs and restaurants express their interpretation of what BBQ is all about.
Taste of Beverly Hills Tix Giveaway
I have TWO tickets (valued at $300) to give away to ONE lucky gas•tron•o•my reader. The winner will choose ONE Taste of Beverly Hills session to attend. To qualify for the giveaway, please leave a comment with your name and email address in the appropriate fields, and your answer to the following question: What’s the greatest thing you’ve ever eaten in L.A.? Only one entry per person, please. I’ll be using a random number generator to choose the winner. All entries must be received by Sunday, August 29, 2010 at midnight PST. Good luck!
[NOTE: Taste of Beverly Hills will be hosting a Happy Hour at The Peninsula Beverly Hills on August 26 from 5 to 7 PM. In addition to half-priced food and drinks at the hotel’s rooftop bar, any Taste of Beverly Hills tickets purchased during the happy hour will be discounted.]