Blog birthdays come and go without any acknowledgment on the site, but I couldn’t let this milestone pass without some fanfare. I can’t believe I’ve pressed the “Publish” button 1,000 times! And I can’t believe people actually read this stuff!
I launched this site one summery day back in August 2006 while bored to tears at work. I was performing some heavy duty statistical analysis at the time and desperately needed an outlet for my creativity. Little did I know that writing about my food adventures at home and out on the town would afford me so many awesome opportunities and introduce me to so many fun and fascinating people. This has been a seriously amazing ride, and I hope to keep on bloggin’ till I’m gray and senile.
In celebration of the big 1-0-0-0, a retrospective is in order! Of the 999 posts that preceded this one, these are the most viewed recipe and restaurant posts of all time. Thank you for taking the time to read Gastronomy and I hope you’ll enjoy this trip down memory lane.
3. Vietnamese Fried Chicken at Su Su
4. Bánh Bò & Bánh Tiêu – Vietnamese Doughnut Stuffed with Spongy Cake
5. Bánh Cam – Vietnamese Doughnuts
6. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Butterbeer, Pumpkin Juice, and Chicken Fingers
7. How to Get a Reservation at The French Laundry
8. Auntie Em’s Red Velvet Cupcakes
9. The French Laundry – Yountville
10. Eating in Bangkok: Part III
1. Inside-Out Carrot Cake Cookies
2. Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
3. Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
5. Bánh Bột Lọc – Vietnamese Dumplings with Shrimp and Pork
6. Bò Kho – Vietnamese Beef Stew
7. Jim ‘N Nick’s Cheese Biscuits
8. Thịt Kho – Caramelized Braised Pork and Eggs
9. Cookin’ with Coolio: Strawberry Hills Banana Muffins Forever